Saturday, December 30, 2023

"Each and Every Day"

Last night, I figured out some more parts for "Each and Every Day."  I wrote about the song a couple years ago, and I had a few more realizations to add to those comments.

I'm not completely sure of my voicings, but I think the Mellotron (brass + strings) part in the bridges is something like:


In my original post, I noted that since the Mellotron plays on offbeats coinciding with "girl" and "world" in the lines "I could never leave her for another girl / Always miles away, we're in another world," it highlights that sense of being "other."  I realized yester-day that the note values contribute to this, too.  In contrast to the steady quarter notes that precede those spots, there are irregularities and notes of longer values.

If the voicings I have are correct, the intervals also demonstrate this feeling of being "other"; instead of thirds, as in the rest of the section, there are fourths under "girl" and "world."